Friday, August 13, 2004

Storm Watch 2004- Yeah right!

In Southern CA we hardly get any kind of weather besides sunny or cloudy. And when we do get any kind of special weather all the news stations freak out and report from different locations. Well today was one of those days. I awoke around 6:45 to a loud rumbling noise. I got up and assumed it was the construction sight near our house making all the noise. Well to my surprise there was a flash in the sky! We were actually having thunder and lightning. I grab the camera and looked outside and this is what I saw:

I then turned on the news and it they were having "Storm Watch 2004". Lets' freak everyone out now! Well it lasted about an hour and after that it was sunny again. No wonder why people think people from CA are "different". We get excited over this! Well anyway, it was a nice break from the heat, yet it continued to be hot for the rest of the day :)

Today has also been the day where I am officially DONE. I need a mommy break as they say. Terrible twos have reared it's ugly head. Today Julia took a whole tube of Desitin (diaper rash cream)from my dresser and smeared it all over herself, my bed, my bedside table, and the carpet. And from where I was I could see her the whole time, but had no clue she was doing this until I smelled it. Desitin is the worst stuff to try and get off anything- took me three tries to get it off the carpet. Mind you this all happened at 9 am- great start of the day. So this weekend I am going to go and escape for awhile. Maybe I will go and get my toes done or go to Barnes and Noble and read. Whatever it is I need it and will enjoy every last bit of it :)

Well I hope you all had a better Friday than I did. May your weekend be fabulous!

Thanks for reading!

-Amanda