Thursday, November 11, 2004

Second Grade

Last night I went to bed at 7:45 pm! I don't think I did that since I was in the second grade. I feel rested, but I have also been up since about 5 am so I am in for along day. I have already done 2 loads of laundry, cleaned the dishwasher out, and read two magazines. Of course the 2 cups of coffee I have had helped, but maybe I should get up this time everyday so that I can get stuff done before Julia wakes up. Then again maybe I am crazy and should just sleep in. What time do you wake up?

Warning- Husband Griping! Anyway, Jon was home on Tuesday since he had some work he could do from home. He told me that since he was home, he would hang out with the kid and I could relax (this was because I don't think I sat down at all this weekend) Well I wasn't stupid and decided to take full advantage of him being home. Little did I know that meant I would be answering 50 million questions about what to do with Julia. For example: "Hey Babe", how much pasta do I put in her bowl to eat?" or "Hey Babe, should she wear white socks or pink ones?". Now these questions would not normally bother me if Julia was a 3 week old infant, but she is 2 1/2! That has given him almost three years to know the answers to these kind of questions. What if I wasn't there to answer the questions- what would he do?? It just makes me laugh because I know he is trying to do this the way that I would do it. The reality is since he is the Daddy his way is also my way, so he can do it whatever way he wants. Then it made me think, am I that anal about what color socks she wears that he would ask me a question about that?

Well that is my rant for the day. Thanks for reading!

-Amanda