Wednesday, July 27, 2005

The Two Questions

There are two questions that people ask a pregnant woman when they find out they are having a baby. With your first child you are happy to answer these questions and you really have an idea what you want. Second, third, or possibly fourth child, it starts to not matter as much.

The first question is

1- Do you want a boy or a girl? To be honest it could be a giraffe for all I care. Just as long as it is healthy and doesn't make me sick for the next 6 weeks. Yes, it would be nice to have one of each, but whatever pops out is cool with me :)

The second question is:

2- Do you have names picked out? I can say that we do have some names we are toying with. I try everyday to convince Jon about a another one, but he seems stuck on a couple of them. Then I decided that I am just going to be a total shit about this and when people ask this what I am going to tell them
-Girl name: Mariah Carey (Insert our last name) Because I am such a huge fan of her music and her sense of style (ha ha) that we couldn't think of a better way to honor her.
-Boy name: Ricky Martin (Insert our last name) Because this baby was conceived while we were "Living La Vida Loca" one night and we thought hey why not honor the creator of the Latin music movement.

What do you think? Do you think that I could actually get people to buy that? I swear that is what I am going to tell people. I can't wait to see if my gullible mom buys into it :) (you know I love you mom)

Got better stories I could tell people?

-Amanda

PS You know I am kidding about liking Mariah Carey right??