Sunday, January 09, 2005

All Was Nice Until...

Okay I am now officially sick of my kid being sick!!!! I am tired of funding the couch medicine industry. I am tired of the doctor's office knowing me by my first name or saying "Oh Hi Amanda, what is wrong with Julia today?" I am tired of the Walgreen's pharmacy saying "Oh Hi Amanda, what can I fill for Julia today?" I am just tired!

Yesterday we wake up in the morning and Julia had a little cough. No big deal I think, she coughs all the time. By 3 pm her cough had turned into a full blown nose, cough and throat thing. To make matters worst, this green sticky stuff was coming out of her eyes. Now I am okay with snot and boogers, but green stuff coming out of your eyes- so gross!!! So the doctor says we have to go to Urgent Care. So we get in the car, in the pouring rain, and wait 1 1/2 hours to see a doctor who says she has a upper respiratory infection that is coming out of her eyes! Yuck, Yuck, Yuck!! Then he tells us we have to give her eye drops twice a day for 5 days. Has anyone ever given a 2 year old eye drops?? Well it is not a pleasant experience. Well she slept good and didn't wake up with too much stuff in her eyes, but then I look at my husband and he has the same thing!! I have now disinfected the whole house, washed every sheet and towel in the place, and I am sitting in a plastic bubble till this goes away.

So that is how my weekend is going. Seems like I have had a bad week. I promise to be more postitve when the plague has left my house. I hope all of you are having a great weekend. Thanks for reading!!

-Amanda