Monday, February 21, 2005

Trapped

Well today is another day of rain here in Southern California. They even issued a tornado watch. WTF?? I have no idea what you are supposed to do in a tornado! I guess I will have to look that up in case that happens. Lets hope it doesn't :)

The thing about the rain is that now we are trapped inside our house. Now I am sure you know how that is when you have children. My dream version of the day would be this:

Wake up and drink a nice cup of coffee. Have Jon (who is off for Pres. Day) make me eggs and bacon. Julia will actually eat breakfast and there will be no maple syrup on the table or floor. Then we all proceed up stairs, get back into bed, and watch the "Back to the Future" trilogy all day while we eat popcorn in bed. Then when dinner time rolls around the pizza man shows up and we eat pizza in bed while watching "American Idol" or something. Then when it is time for bed, Julia has no problem going to sleep in her own room, and Jon and I fall asleep in each others arms :)

Sounds great right?? Well this is actually how today will go:

Wake up and drink and nice cup of coffee. Jon makes him self toast while I play chef for Julia since whatever I make first is not what she wants. Then I get to sit down and eat something. Then we head upstairs and Julia starts running around, messing up her room, messing up our room, and stops every so often to watch "The Princess and the Pauper" movie that I had to watch 17,000 times since we bought it. For the rest of the day it will be finding a way to entertain a 3 year old while we all go stir crazy in the house. I will make dinner tonight since we are not rich and can not eat out every night (that would be so cool!) and then when bedtime comes we will have to put Julia back in her bed at least 3 times before she stays in there. Then we will get in our bed, watch TV and fall asleep before "American Idol" is even over :)

That sounds about right I think. Maybe I can get her to watch something different at least :) As you can see I love the rain!

Well I hope you all are having a good Monday. Thanks for reading!

-Amanda