Monday, June 06, 2005

I love LA

This weekend my darling husband took me away from the desert and to the beaches of Marina Del Rey, CA. We stayed at The Ritz Carlton there thinking that we were rock stars or something. It was awesome! I have this teeny tiny bit obsession with anything celebrity related so we drove around Los Angeles looking for all the hot spots I read about in my trashy magazines. Our first stop was the Kitson Boutique where Victoria Beckham (aka Posh Spice) was signing autographs for some new jean line. We did not get a glimpse of her, but there were hundreds of people waiting for her outside. Then we went to Fred Segal in West Hollywood. When I walked in I came face to face with this guy. I knew who he was right away. It was Michael Vartan from Alias. Very skinny little guy just shopping by himself. After some browsing of the very expensive stuff in there we went back to our hotel.
When then got ready for dinner at Sushi Roku in Santa Monica. As we were waiting for our car in the lobby, this big BMW pulls up and this little old man gets out. It was Larry King. He must have been there for one of the weddings that was going on. Then on our drive to the restaurant we were stopped by this restaurant and at the front table by the window was Marg Helgenburger from CSI. It was like every where we went someone was there. I have been to LA several times and seen nobody. I guess we just got lucky. We had a great time and it was nice to get dressed up, have a martini, and spend time with my husband :)

Have you ever seen someone famous or met them?

Hope everyone had a good weekend. Thanks for reading!

-Amanda