Wednesday, June 29, 2005

The Chair

The way that our house is set up is much of our primary living space is one really big room. This room has the kitchen, family room, and dining room in one. I think that they call it a Great Room. Anyway, I have a dining room table that seats 10 when all of the leaves are in, but that is only if we are having a family something. So normally it is just a small circle with 4 chairs. So the left over chairs are scattered all over the house. Then when we need them we just gather them up.

Well there is one chair that we put in between the kitchen counter and a cabinet where I store all of my pretty dishes. This is the chair of trouble. First, the location of it just asks for trouble. Julia uses as her own personal latter so that she can find whatever is on the counter. For example, that is where she found the penny that was in her mouth or the pen that she used to color the coffee table. Second, no matter how many times we tell her to stay off the chair she is there. This is the only thing in the house that she continues to mess with. I turn it around so that the back faces out and how dumb am I to think that is is going to prevent a 3 year old from finding out that she can just pull the chair out to get on top. So then I moved the chair and so she just took one from the table and put it in the same spot so that she could climb up and play with the hubby's wallet. I had this idea that maybe I should make it the "Time Out" chair so she would be afraid to go on it, but she thought I was putting her over there to play with crap on the counter. When did a 3 year old become smarter than her mommy? If this is any indication of what my life will be like in the future I am going to have to reserve my spot now for the looney bin :)

I hope everyone is having a good week. Thanks for reading!

-Amanda