Monday, December 06, 2004

The New Telephone

For those of you that don't know, I have a sister in law named Gabrielle who just had a baby (my 1st niece ever) about 2 months ago. I have to say I got extremely lucky in the in law department. Not only does Gabrielle rock, but so do her parents. Anyway, she has a blog and she was the one that got my hooked with the whole blogging thing. I go to her page everyday to check out the latest pictures of my niece or to read Gab's witty insights. We don't talk on the phone much, but when we do we always talk about stuff we posted on our blogs. So this made me think, are blogs the new telephone? I could go weeks without talking to my SIL, yet still know everything that is going on in her life and vise versa. I am very honest on my blog and I write how I would speak to anyone, so why do I need to call people anymore? Also, I have to make time to call someone so why don't I just use that time to write a post instead? Of course there are some family members that I would not refer to my blog, so I will still have to make phone calls to them. I just find it interesting that if I really didn't want to talk to anyone again, I could just email them my blog address and tell them to read it.

Alright that is enough insight for the day :) I would be interested to know if any of you have any family memebers you blog with instead of speaking? Let me know! Thanks for reading!

-Amanda