Tuesday, December 14, 2004

My Little Princess

My sweet and kind MIL gave Julia a Barbie that is from the Barbie movie "The Princess and the Pauper". I really don't think that she had any kind of clue the impact it would make on my household. Not only does this Barbie sing (2 freaking songs), but there is also another Barbie that goes with her that sings a duet with her. Well needless to say, we have both Barbie's now and all I hear all day is "I'm just like you, you're just like me" as the two Barbie's sing together. It even came with a CD and now that is all I get to listen to in the car. It just seems that all of a sudden Julia is a total girl. She wants to dress up and wear a crown. She even wants to be called "Anneliese" which is what one of the Barbie's names. The other day she came out in her ballet outfit and shoes and told me to put on music so she could dance. It just amazes me because she was never like this. Never paid any attention to any particular doll or even had the notion of wanting to be a princess. I really honestly thought she was going to be a tomboy. Next thing I know she will want a bra and be going to prom. Damn Barbie :)

I hope everyone is having a good week. Thanks for reading!

-Amanda