Wednesday, October 12, 2005

My Attempt at Being Martha

Trying to get in the spirit of the season, I bought a package of Tollhouse Halloween Cookie Shapes. I also went to Target and found this sprinkle pack so that Julia and her little boyfriend could decorate cookies. So yesterday I am getting all the stuff ready so that they had their own little cookie stations. I thought I was totally being a creative mom :) Anyway, I opened the package of cookies to bake them and all I found were two sheets of dough. There were no shapes cut into them! I read the package thinking I did something wrong and it looks like they missed my package of cookies completely. And of course with my luck that is the package I happen to pick up at the store. So I just cut the cookies into squares since I am not the type to have actual cookie cutters in the house (I wouldn't have bought the pre-cut package if I did) and they decorated square cookies. It all turned out fine since I forgot the 3 1/2 year olds care less about the cookie part and more about the orange frosting that they ended up eating with a spoon. Let me tell you though- it is hard work being Martha. Maybe I am just not made that way :)

-Amanda