Thursday, November 17, 2005

Why He Isn't Allowed

My husband is not allowed to go grocery shopping with me. You see I have a system and it has been working for the nine years we have been together. If there is a time where he has tagged along for a shopping trip, the bill is about $75 more than I would spend and most of that would consist of junk food. Today he proved me once again. I had asked him if on his way home he could pick up some sour cream that I needed for dinner. The nice man that he is, said sure no problem. When he walked in the door, he was holding 4 grocery bags. Now I know that sour cream does not take up 4 bags. This is what he bought:

-Pop Tarts
-3 tubes of Pillsbury Cookie Dough
-One box of macadamia nut clusters
-Rice Krispy Treats
-Pez
-A bag of peanut butter cups
-Marshmallows

Oh he is so lucky he didn't forget the sour cream. So now I have enough junk food to feed a family of 8. And you know who is going to end up eating it all- ME. I remember next time that I should just go to the store when he gets home :)

-Amanda