Sunday, April 10, 2005

Not a Baby Anymore

My adorable daughter turns 3 this week and I am having a tough time getting used to it. She is not my baby anymore. She talks like a 16 year old (sometimes like a truck driver) and she wants to do everything herself. I remember thinking when she was a baby that I could not wait for her to be more independent, but now I want my baby back. I miss when a water bottle was a source of at least 30 min of entertainment. Now all her toys have little shoes or 50 pieces that go along with it. I miss the big smile I would get when she woke up from sleeping. Now I get "Mommy get me some juice." I especially miss those little frilly dresses I put her in when she was a baby. Now she doesn't like dresses and insists that she wear pants. Don't get me wrong I love the little girl she has become I am just afraid that I will forget those special moments from when she was a baby. Before I know it she will be driving and going to prom :)

I hope you all had a fabulous weekend. Thanks for reading!

-Amanda