Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mothers

When I was little I used to play with my Barbies a lot. One would always kind of end up being the "loose" one of the group, one was always the "best friend" or "teacher", but the prettiest one I would always make the Mommy. I remember that I would stuff a piece of Barbie clothing or a cotton ball into her dress she it looked like she had a tummy. So when I look back I think I always wanted to be a Mommy. My my Mom worked and did not stay home and I remember thinking that I want to be the mom that drove on field trips and made cupcakes for the bake sale. No offense to my Mom because not only is she my role model, but she is the best Mom is the whole world! I just knew that I wanted to be the Mom that was there all the time. Don't get me wrong, I have moments where I wonder what in the hell was I thinking, but for the most part I love it. As the girls get older it gets so much easier and so much more rewarding. Today I got a bag full of pictures that Julia made for me. There was about 10 in all. Each one was a moment she remembered about us. Of course there was a picture of us shopping, which honestly is a really good memory I have with my Mom. It just made me feel so special that a 6 year old remembers 10 really good things about me. I have some friends and of course my Sister in Law to be that are celebrating their first Mother's Day. I don't really remember my first, but I am sure I felt pretty blessed. And then I have my other more experienced Mom friends who are used to getting the attention for the day, but that feeling of being blessed never goes away. So I am going to make sure I always feel that way when it comes to my girls. Even when the going gets tough :)

So Happy Mother's Day to all the awesome Moms out there! You deserve every once of respect and love that I can give!!

-Amanda