Monday, January 15, 2007

Another One from The Bad Mom File

Ok we are not going to mention that Samantha turned 10 months yesterday and I have yet to load any photos of her on the computer and have not wrote the post about it. Ok well I just mentioned it, but it was to remind me that I am a bad mom yet again :) Anyway, I will tell you a little story about what happened last night and that might erase what I mentioned above.

In our house Santa is a big deal. I can use him pretty much all year around. I have him on speed dial on my cell phone and he knows everything. If I even mention his name, Julia will stop what she is doing and listen to me. So last night Jon and I are cooking dinner kinda late and it was almost Julia's bed time. We have an island int he middle of our kitchen with bar stools. Our family room and kitchen are one big room so you can see the TV from everywhere. So Julia is sitting at the island and watching us cook. On a rare occasion the TV is not on PBS kids and a commercial for the movie called "The Messengers" came on, which is about kids that can see dead people came on. Now once before Julia has seen this commercial since they run it 25,000 in one night, and it scared the crap out of her. Well she is looking at me and Jon and I both say at the same time "Julia look at me, don't turn around." Well she is 4 so of course she is not going to listen, she she starts to turn around. I go over put my hands over her eyes till the commercial is over. Once it is the questions start about why she could not look. So this is what we came up with.

We told her that at night when kids are sleeping, Santa puts a message on the TV that only parents can see that says whether or not our kids were good that day. And if a child is to see it then they have to be good 6 days in a row or Santa will not come back next year. So we had to cover her eyes in order for her not to see it.

Ok we both are to blame because we both went with it. I have to tell you though she went upstairs and didn't give us a hassle about bed. But this morning there were still tons of questions about it and I have kinda not said anything more. So my question is- do you make up stories at all?? Do you think that was bad of me??? I would really like to know. Make me feel like I am not the only one please!!

-Amanda