Monday, February 06, 2006

The Things I Have Learned

There are 3 things that I think I have learned through out this pregnancy that I think that I want to pass along to those that are in the early stages of having a baby or want to be pregnant. They are the truths that you hear little about and they are things that regardless of how they make you feel now, they are worth it in the end.

1- The more you try to make yourself comfortable while trying to sleep the less you will be comfortable. I have learned that if something hurts (like a certain part of your back or your shoulder) just lay there till it goes numb because no matter what position you are in it is all going to hurt anyway.

2- No matter how much you feel like you have to pee it will not match how much pee actually comes out. You could be dying and running to the bathroom, but only a little comes out. Your body has a natural way of saving those long bathroom trips for when you are finally comfortable in bed.

3- No matter how much you crave that huge chili dog or bean and cheese burrito with extra onions, you are going to pay for it for sure later. It could also haunt you the next day. So be aware of what you are putting in your mouth because at 3 in the morning it is not so nice coming back up.

That is the best 3 things I can offer. They are things that I think I have finally mastered at 8 months pregnant :) If you think you can add something- please feel free. The more advice we can give the better :)

Hope you all had a great weekend!

-Amanda