Saturday, May 03, 2008

Where the Hell Have I Been??

I am here- not dead. Busy in the The Mommy Files household. First it was my birthday which was pretty uneventful. Got a facial, pedicure, waxed- the usual pampering. Next it was Julia's 6th birthday (holy cow!!) and we spent that at the "American Girl" store in Hollywood, CA with my niece, SIL and BIL. If there was ever a place where a girl could be a girl that was it. I was in the bathroom while we were there and there was this little girl bawling her eyes out and I thought to myself "Of course in a place full of girls there would be one crying in the bathroom". But all in all it was amazing. The store was awesome, the cafe was great, and Julia is in love with her doll that looks just like her. I will not even go to how much this birthday cost, but it was worth it! Even saw Jared Leto (aka Jordan Catalano from "My So Called Life) and Patrica Heaton ("Everybody Loves Raymond") which is a good thing for my celebrity obsessed brain.

In other news, I applied in January for Julia to go to the new magnet school in our area after hearing about it through the school district. Now I may have never mentioned this, but Julia is a budding artist. There is not a day goes by that she is not making something. Yesterday she took the stuffing out of one of her stuffed animals and used it as hair for a picture for her Nana. Of course I couldn't get mad because it was very creative :) So anyway, I got the call that she was accepted. We are very excited! And the best part is it is free because it is a public school :) I was told that they play classical music during recess and lunch time so we will see what how this new adventure goes. My parents never encouraged any talents that I may have had as a child so it makes me happy that I can do that for mine.

As for the 2 year old in my life who said to me today "I want a diet coke" she is just as cute as can be, yet as mean as they get :) Well not mean, but she is 2 and full of drama. I mean the girl can cry and scream over nothing (which she likes to do every 15 min or so) and we have all become very immune to it. Thats the only way we can deal :) But of course she has her awesome moments like when she sits at the dinner table with her head on my shoulder. So I will take it all just because she is my Sammie.

I have been doing my workout out 4-5 times and week and I have been become quite a regular at the gym. The instructors even know my name. I feel awesome about myself and that is what matters to me the most. I am not a good dieter, but I am still buying smaller clothes. And my bridesmaid dress has to be taken in 4 inches which made me very happy! So whatever I am doing its working :)

So there you are- updated and informed. I totally suck lately at this blog thing lately. I will try hard to post some pictures soon too :) Thanks for still reading :)

-Amanda