Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Sick to my Stomach

Yesterday I recieved a phone call from the principle of Julia's school, informing the parents that a boy was almost abducted not even a mile from my house. He actually had to run to someone's house because after the man told him to get in the car, he followed him. The mintue I heard the story I started to tear up. Our neighborhood? What the hell??? It makes me want stay in my house at all times or patrol my neighborhood with a bat looking for this car. I remember my mom saying "Be home at dark" and we would ride our bikes for miles and never had a care. My daughters will never feel that freedom because of things like this. I don't feel safe anymore and that is not something I ever I thought I would feel in my own neighborhood. What is this world coming too??

-Amanda